Monday, March 7, 2011

I guess sometimes I'm just going to feel like a crappy Mom...


See these two little angels? Usually the epitomy of cuteness. Today, not so much. We had a playdate at the house (two kids about the same age) and my little cherubs proceded to spend the entire three and a half hours attacking our guests. Now Fiona was being sweet about it and only wanted to be near the other baby, but ended up just harrassing the crap out of her until said baby would end up crying. Zoe , on the other hand, had a master plan. Since she has a history of being a little too "hands on" with this particular sweet girl, I tried talking about it ahead of time. I focused on the positive about keeping hands to ourselves, being a nice friend, etc, but apparently I sealed the deal when I mentioned "no pushing". Immediately Zoe decided "yes, pushing" was going to be the theme of the playdate. She proceded to push this child at every opportunity - even when they were sitting down eating lunch! I tried talking about it, time outs, suggesting maybe she needed some quiet time by herself, and even to the point of telling her no one would want to be her friend if she was not nice. I know it's a stage and developmentally it's normal, blah blah blah. But I have to admit, it's a little embarassing being the parent of a kid who is aggressive. I know I get pissed when another kid is aggressive to my child, age appropriate or not. So anyway, I totally was stressed out during the entire playdate and just felt crappy for the rest of the day because I couldn't get it out of my head that I must be a bad mom. To me, that is the worst thing I could be. So, yeah, I know tomorrow is a new day and I'm sure they'll do something to totally warm my heart a million times, but today was just not that kind of day.

No comments: