Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Last of the Only Child

Lately it has really been hitting me that Zoe will not be an only child anymore. It makes me sad. She will no longer be the only sparkle of my day or the only love of my life - she will have to share those roles with her sister. I was an only child for four years and I think it had a lot to do with who I am today. I was able to be the one and only only one to my parents and grandparents for a good portion of my early childhood. I felt very special because of all of that. When my brother came, you would think all of that would have changed, but I never felt second best or that I had to fight for attention (thanks Mom and Dad!). So that is what gives me hope that Zoe will always feel that she IS the love of my life AND the sparkle of my everyday! Thank you Zoe for bringing such love into my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and mine, I like her bestest! thanks Momma for giving her to me!
Gramma