Monday, August 24, 2009

Healthy Snacks

Zoe loves eating tomatoes! Her favorites are when her Daddy gets one from his garden and lets her eat it whole like an apple! She just chows down! And that's not her only veggie of choice. The other day she opened the fridge with me and saw the broccoli. She took it out, said "broccoli", and tried to take a bite. (I didn't even know she knew that word!) I cooked it for her and she ate it all up. Now these are the kind of snacks any Mom could get behind!
Zoe had her first popsicle this summer over her friend Tully's house. She loved it! When I went to the store to get her some, even the ones labeled "pure fruit" had all of these additives, colors, and preservatives - yuck! So to make healthy ones I buy organic fruit juice (on sale of course - that stuff is expensive!) and make popsicles out of it the old fashioned way with freezer molds. She loves it just as much and I don't feel bad about giving her crap!


No comments: