Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back to Business


The only reason I am able to be a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) is because my Mom has started another Accounting business that I help her run out of the house -Wavecrest Associates. We have business cards, brochures, a sign, and even are starting to get local business (thanks to my Mom's amazing networking skills!). It is a lot of work, most of which Mom is doing alone right now. Zoe takes a lot more hands on attention than I had anticipated at such a young age! Initially, I figured for the first 6 or so months she'd just hang out in a baby seat while we worked away at the business. Apparently Zoe has other ideas..she wants to be played with, fed, changed, played with, bathed, fed, played with,fed, entertained, changed, fed, etc etc... without much napping in between. But we are learning to rotate baby duties and business duties and just work when we can, and Zoe is learning to take longer naps and play by herself for a few minutes at a time to do her part. I'm excited for this business to work, and even though this is definitely not my forte, I am learning great things from Mom and can't wait to watch this business grow. We figured out if I went back to work full time, I'd just end up giving most of my paycheck to someone else to take care of my baby for me. That just doesn't make any sense! So, please pass the word for us...We do accounting for businesses and personal income tax....we can do business in town, long distance, and over the internet...and the more business we have, the longer I can stay home and take care of my Baby Girl! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job, papa