Friday, February 26, 2010

Working Girls

So it's been a lot harder than I thought it would be to work from home with Fiona by my side. We had just finally got to the point with Zoe that I had two good hours during her afternoon nap to work and then after 7 when she went to bed till I went to bed at 10 to get some work done. Now that Fia is here, she sleeps a lot less than I expected during the day and doesn't go to bed for the night until around 11 pm. And most of the time she is awake when Zoe is napping. So I have to work with her awake and being baby like - needing feedings, crying, needing to be changed, entertained or just plain being held. It makes it very hard to get anything done. Mom and John (my bosses) have been pretty understanding up to this point, but since it is crazy tax season time, they really need me to work more. I really don't know what to do, but I am trying. I love being able to stay home with my girls, but I can see how I would get actual work done if I went off to a job like lots of Moms. I get the best and worst of both worlds, I guess - I get to be home all the time and raise my babies, and get to make money at the same time, but I also feel like I am not able to do either job very well, because when I am doing one I am inevitably worried about the other one. And forget about the homemaker aspect of things...I'm sure my poor hubby never thought his house would look like such a war zone when he had a stay at home wife! We'll deal and figure something out, but in the mean time don't expect anything above and beyond from me...I'm barely getting by these days..but at least I have sweet girls to keep me company as I slowly lose my mind!;)

No comments: