Sunday, September 14, 2008

(Almost ) Hurricane Hannah


Zoe survived her first almost-a-hurricane in NC. By the time Hannah got to us, it was only a tropical storm , but we still lost electricity( and therefore water) and got some wind damage and tree damage. This was the first hurricane I had to deal with that I had anyone other than me and a dog to worry about. Having a baby and a house this time gave me plenty to freak out about. I have a whole new appreciation of the difference between good and bad insurance now... Luckily, this time Keith was not on lock down at the hospital and Mom was here also to help with the stress. Overall it wasn't too bad and we didn't end up getting Hurricane Ike (my heart goes out to Texas) which was supposed to hit us harder. The day after Mom, Zoe and I went to the beach to see the sights, but it was too windy for Zoe to go down to the water. I went and got some great pics...nature is a beautiful and sometimes scary thing.

No comments: