Monday, June 2, 2008

Book Worm

When I worked at an early childhood development job, I learned that it is never too soon to read to babies, and that it actually helps them learn to read and speak sooner if you do.We got a gift card from Barnes and Noble (thanks Mr. and Mrs. Baggetta!) and bought as many baby board books as we could. Most of the books are talking about how much we love her, because you can never tell a child that in too many ways! I figured she would listen to the words, but I never thought she would be as interested in the pictures as she is. She'll sit and listen to each book a few times, all the while scanning the pages as we go. My Mom instilled a love of books in me by reading to me early on, and Keith loves to read as well. Hopefully, Zoe will catch the book bug too!

1 comment:

momofthree said...

there is nothing sweeter then a grandmother reading to her grandaughter! I read to both of my girls when their infants and as well they have both grown into book worms, thansk for the smiles.
Missy