Sunday, June 12, 2011

No shoe didn't - Yes shoe did.

First, let me start with a quote that I find particularly fitting:


In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. ~ Lisa T. Shepherd


I share this because this picture is an example of why mothers like myself can identify with this quote. If you notice, this is a picture of a large pile of baby shoes - AND NOT ONE OF THEM MATCH. There are 10 shoes here from Fiona's shoe storage box and they are all different. In my house (or possibly car) at this given moment is the match to every one of these shoes. Yet somehow it is possible that when I am looking for two shoes that match to take my child out into the world, there are only ten shoes that - and I repeat -DO NOT MATCH!!!! This is a perfect example of why mothers often feel like they have lost their mind. Luckily for us, the second part of the quote usually comes into play quickly enough to keep us somewhat sane.

No comments: