Friday, January 21, 2011

Mama's last baby

Obviously, Keith and I made the choice to have the girls pretty close together. We also chose not to have any more children after this. Initially, this choice seemed like a no-brainer. But now, I will say that the idea of never having another baby again is kind of sad to me. It's exactly like everyone says - it goes by soooo fast! That is why each step of babyhood that Fiona passes through makes me sad. Every time I put away another baby toy in the For Sale bag, or put another box of baby clothes in the attic, it is another pang of the reality that I will have no more babies in the house. It's hard for some people to understand this and I know it is my own thing, but it is very real to me. I just have to remind myself to cherish every cuddle , every babble, every giggle, every sleeping baby and look forward to the next steps of these precious lives I am so in love with...

No comments: