Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mommy's Little Angel/Devil


I am the first to admit that Fiona was an easy baby. And so far, a good early toddler too - most of the time. There definitely are days, though, when I feel the strong urge to jump out the stinkin' window. The other day was one of them. Fiona single handedly destroyed every shred of patience I had, even my extra secret stash. The morning was OK, other than the fact she dumped my coffee all over me (don't worry, it wasn't hot because I never get to sit down long enough to drink my coffee when it is actually hot). She didn't take an afternoon nap because she had a late morning nap (I won't even get into the crazy trip to the grocery store that caused the late nap) and that is when the oh-so-fun action took place. She was running around the house getting into absolutely everything she could reach. She tried to put her finger in every socket, eat every crumb on the floor, drink the dog water, pull the cats tail, and figured out how to get out the front door. Not to mention the above pictures which were just too much for words. Some of you may wonder how all this could happen if I actually watched my child, and trust me I do. She is never out of my sight for more than a few seconds, but that afternoon I was trying to multi-task way too much and she was not having it. So that is why, sometimes, just sometimes, mommy really needs a hole to climb in (because that is a way better option than the window idea I spoke of earlier).

No comments: