Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sign Language

I've been teaching non-verbal children sign language for years now and I always thought I would teach my infant sign language from the get go. I never really did until now and she totally gets it! Her first sign is "All done" (which looks like you are wiping crumbs from your hands). She is so cute about doing it when she is done eating and has started using it for other things like when she wants to get out of her chair or is done playing with something. She has also started getting the sign for "Eat" (which looks like you are putting food in your mouth) and even makes an adorable munching sounds to go along with it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's going to be teaching her friends sign language in no time!- Uncle David

Darcy said...

that's awesome!!! :)

She looks like she grew a bunch since I saw you guys in NH too...

Where is the time flying?

Miss you guys!