Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Daughter

So today I realized something. Ever since Zoe was born , I have referred to her as "my baby". At the hospital, at the doctors office, talking to people in the store, it was always "this is my baby". But today I was listening to the radio as I rocked Zoe to sleep and I heard someone refer to their daughter. That was when it really hit me that I HAVE A DAUGHTER. My very own daughter - just like I am a daughter to someone else. Then I started thinking how big that daughter/parent relationship is, and how much I was loved my whole life as someone's daughter. Whether it's the parents who put their hearts and lives into raising me, or the step parents that got me by default - I am a daughter who is loved. I don't think I realized how powerful, amazing, yet heartbreaking that love can be until today. There isn't anything better. I am thankful.

No comments: